Friday, April 23, 2010

How am I to refer to that forgotten experience, that experience which preceded myself? All of this reading/writing began after I became myself, after I saw myself reflected in the mirror. How am I to read/write that experience which preceded the experience of becoming a reader/writer? Whatever I may read into it or write about it, distorts it.

The source of writing is writing itself; it is not born from what preceded it. Learning to read and write translates one experience into another, it overcodes the experience preceding it. It is like plugging the dream into an interpretive machine. The interpretation replaces the dream with itself; it situates the dream with respect to itself.

Each technology that the body of experience plugs into incorporates it; you are what you eat. Reading/writing is technology. Through all the unpluggings and repluggings the body of experience remains inaccessible to the technology. The body of knowledge is always and only a translation of the body of experience; consciousness casts the body of experience into unconsciousness.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home