Saturday, April 03, 2010

The economy of the body of fantasy is libidinal. Insofar as politics is fantastic, political economy is libidinal. Libidinal economics is an economics of dissatisfaction; hunger is the fuel. Bucky remarks somewhere in Synergetcs that "nature never pauses at equilibrium." Neither does the fantasy of myembodiedself. Neither genders nor generations can ever, in reality, be equal; the agreement is, "we agree to disagree, as our mutual existence depends upon it."

What myemodiedself abhors is not a vacuum, but being full. When the body is full, the agents of dissatisfaction dissolve, and I am such an agent. My desire demands that some object of my desire is always and only missing; there is always that ultimate pleasure that I can't afford.

Money is time is libidinal desire. The flow of libidinal desire is polarized, it flows back and forth between poles, never pausing at full satisfaction, never achieving "end pleasure." The origin of the desire is in the absence of the object of desire. I desired my mother when she was not there; I had to find her, I had to grasp her outside mybody in the real world.

My real mother is a substitute for what I lost at birth. I did not experience hunger until I was separated from her. In time I discover my father and my sister; where there were two, now there are four substitutes for what I lost when when I fell from satisfaction. Economics begins with the human family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home