Friday, February 19, 2010

An image lacks that critical third dimension. An image is unreal, ungraspable by depth perception. My perceived world is soaked in images that cannot be located on my conceptual map. Where in the world is myself? I cannot locate myself in the body as organism; I cannot locate myself in conceptual abstraction. Mybody is simultaneously imagined and conceived.

Mybody is a body of experience, an experience that is inclusive of perceptions and fantasies. A system that does not recognize the images of fantasy, is from the point of view of human experience, foolish. We are fooling ourselves if we think technique can heal the disease; our disease is fantastic.

A fantastic patient requires a fantastic doctor; conceptual knowledge is not enough. The therapist must understand the workings of human fantasy. Why does soma suffer the pleasures and pains of psyche? Perhaps mybody is, from conception, psychosomatic. It is the fantastic reality that mybody and myself are inseparable. Therapy is tricky business indeed.

1 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

The violence begins with possession and possession begins with naming, no? War is psycho somatic. War is separation of soma and psyche. It is tricky indeed. My favorite is the hamadryas amphinome, she is now MINE, 'cause NAMED.

February 21, 2010 at 8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home