Thursday, March 01, 2007

The world gets complicated, and therefore interesting, when I try to locate myself. My natural inclination is to say that I occupy my body, rather like the driver of a car, except in a much more intimate sense. I would say that I felt the pleasure and the pain of this vehicle that I occupy. In other words, in my experience, myself and my body are inseparable, but not identical.

I can imagine my body being born without me. Let's say I was thirty seconds late getting to the station. My skeleton, and organs and flesh all emerge into four dimensions, but I remain behind, in the station, imagining that I am panting. I imagine my body doing just fine without me, adapting and progessing through a space of time, without all the impediments, that I would present, were I there. I imagine my body moving through the real world, eating, fucking, reproducing other little bodies, and gradually, over some length of time, beginning to malfunction and breakdown, until finally it stops moving, and all the parts begin to decompose.

Wouldn't my body perform much better in a real world without me?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home