Tuesday, February 13, 2007

It is a cold windy grey afternoon on Harris Creek, but I am in here, looking out at Harris Creek. I have spent a great deal of time watching Harris Creek over the years that I have lived on her banks. In my experience, Harris Creek has become a part of me, Have I become a part of the experience of Harris Creek?

Before we arrive at this withered abstraction of a world, there is only "two cannibals in mutual manducation." There are no "objects" of desire, only desire. In this world one cannot eat without simultaneously being eaten. There is no food here, no "food for thought". There is only mutal eating. To abstract, with surgical precision a separate "subect" and "object" from this intra-uterine hermaphrodite is the object of waking consciousness. The operation is carried out by means of motherhood and brotherhood ; there is birth and re-birth.

The operation inserts an empty space, a space of time between the cannibal/lovers.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home