Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Much thanks to the gods; it is raining this morning on Harris Creek. It began last night in dream time and continued through the early morning as I fell and rose from the dream, and it is raining now as I tap out these words. I project myself upon all that lies outside me, and in my fantasy, every thing is grateful. Every tree, every perennial and every annual, the grass and even the soil is feeling a profound pleasure in the drinking of the water. Pleasure, and relief from thirst. Our pleasure is relief from the experience of lack,

There is always something missing inside and out. Thirst is slaked, only to return; there is no final slaking and end of thirst until "death do them part." Within the continuum called time/space, or the ego complex, pleasure is related to pain as slaking is to thirst; where Eros is, Thanatos is. They are here as I tap out these words this morning on Harris Creek, my thirst temporarily slaked in this time of drought.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home